Uncensored Hub for Entertainment News, Sports, Politics, Music, Videos & more

Benjamin Mendy found NOT GUILTY of six counts of rape

Benjamin Mendy found NOT GUILTY of six counts of rape, UncensoredGH.com

Benjamin Mendy, a French national, was acquitted of six counts of rape and one count of sexual assault following a six-month trial at Chester Crown Court.

On one allegation of rape and one count of attempted rape, jurors were unable to reach verdicts; nevertheless, the prosecution requested a retrial on both charges, which has been set for June 26.

His friend, Louis Saha Matturie, 41, was also found not guilty of three counts of rape with jurors failing to reach verdicts on three counts of rape and three counts of sexual assault against him.

The two were accused of raping women at the player’s home in Prestbury, Cheshire, and at a Manchester flat.

During the trial, prosecutors told the jury Mr Mendy was a “predator” who turned the pursuit of women for sex into a game.

However, the defendants’ lawyer told the jury that the case, involving money, sex and celebrity, had “all the makings of a good drama”, and that the accused were innocent.

Judge Everett discharged the jury on Friday, ending the trial.

Both men had been on trial since 10 August, accused by 13 women of multiple sexual offences.

The Manchester City footballer, Benjamin Mendy was first arrested in November 2020. He was immediately suspended by his club in August 2021, after he was charged with rape.

The prosecution has sought a retrial on the two counts the jury failed to reach a verdict on.

More soon.

Total
0
Shares
Related Posts
ArabicEnglishFrenchGermanHausaItalianSpanishZulu